Yes it is possible that simplistic logical thought be misleading. But complex mathematical thought also can be misleading. Following is reliable for me however:
- Start from observation/ observed facts.
- Simplistic logical thought.
- Internally consistent.
- Does not defy observations.
- Free from twisted logic.
Simplistic logical thought that starts not from observations but from larger ideas or theories about reality are not reliable. Examples …
- Universe is finite having radius R >>> interpretion of observed redshifts.
- Universe is moving at speed of light >>> observed data tallies with my theory.
- Universe started from xyz waves >>> everything gets explained.